At the end of 1700, the Trikene family moves from Kefalonia to Messolonghi. Its only property was an ouzo recipe. Founders of the beverage industry were brothers Panos and Tasos Trikenes. The first pot still functioned in 1901 in D.Makri Street, at the old fish market, and it was placed inside the family shop. The ouzo used to come out overnight for the daily needs. On the front, there was a marble counter where meze was offered together with ouzo. People at the fish market used to come to the shop around noun. To them, it was a stop before lunch but also the chance to chat before heading home. Before his marble counter, which was preserved until the 1970’s, lawyers and fishermen, salesmen and day laborers would sit together in blended groups.